Thursday, May 3, 2007

it's (going to be) a girl...



in the past few years we've experienced many births (so to speak). the birth of our relationship, the birth of our lives as husband and wife, the birth of our website, and in september we're expecting the birth of our daughter! yes, daughter—we’re having a girl. it's funny, i was SO convinced that we were having a boy (don't ask me why, i just was). i'd even secretly purchased a robe & pillow for my "son" (they were on sale for less than $10 and were so cute i couldn't resist). boy was i was wrong. we had our "big" ultrasound and the technician said "it's a girl". i was shocked (very happy and excited, but shocked). dill knew before me (i guess they teach you how to "read" ultrasounds in med. school. something about a "hamburger"?). anyway, my prediction was wrong. so much for mother's intuition (i'll have to work on that in the next 5 months). i guess my DAUGHTER is teaching me that i can't be right all the time...
-ty

No comments:

Post a Comment